File your TDS Return Online
Online TDS return is a statement given to the IT department every quarter. It is essential for every deductor to deposit income tax and file for TDS return on time.
YourProfit.In assists and guides you on online TDS return in 3 easy steps:
Information Collection – Our agents will set up a seamless process for data collection
Return Preparation – Your return will be prepared as required
Return Filing – File your TDS return online
TDS Return For Individuals And Businesses
An employer or company that has valid TAN – Tax Collection and Deduction Account Number can file for online TDS return. Any individual or business who makes a particular payment which is stated under the I-T Act needs to deduct tax at source. The deposit for the same has to be made within the stipulated time. The payment categories include:
- Insurance commission
- Income from winning horse races
- Income by way of “Income on Securities”
- Income by way of winning the lottery, puzzles, and others
- Payment in respect of National Saving Scheme and many others
An assessee can submit an e-TDS return if the same was deducted from their income. As mentioned earlier, it is the obligation of the assessee to file within the due date or be liable to pay a penalty for delay. The categories of assessees eligible to electronically file TDS return every quarter are:
- Persons whose accounts are audited u/s44AB
- Persons holding an office under the Government
Benefits of TDS Return Filing
According to the Income Tax Act 1961, filing TDS Return is mandatory for an individual or any business entity.
- TDS Return filing on time helps the government in tracking the records of the inflow of Income.
- The Return from the TDS Return filing is used for the welfare of the Nation.
- Since the tax is paid on a quarterly basis, so there is no burden of paying the lump sum tax at once.
Documents required to file TDS Return online
The following documents have to be submitted for filing the TDS returns.
- TAN details
- PAN details
- Last TDS filing details, if applicable
- The period for which TDS has to be filed
- Date of incorporation of the business
- No. of transactions for filing TDS returns
- Name of the entity – Proprietorship/ Partnership/ Company/ LLP