Online ESI Registration - An Overview
It is a vast social security scheme designed to accomplish the task of providing social protection to the ’employees’ in the organised sector against the uncertain events of sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to injury sustained in the course of employment and to provide medical care to the insured employees and their dependents.
The scheme provides complete medical care to the employees registered under the scheme during the period of incapacity for recuperation of health and working capacity. It provides monetary assistance to compensate for the loss of wages during the period of absence from work due to sickness, maternity and employment injury. The scheme provides medical care to the employees’ dependents also.
All Establishments and Factories employing more than 10 employees are required to mandatorily apply for ESI registration within 15 days of the ESI Act, 1948 becoming applicable to them.
Advantages of ESI Registration
Documents Required For ESI Registration
ESI registration requires the following documents to be submitted by the employer along with the application:
- The registration certificate or license issued by – Shops and establishment Acts
- Factories Act
- Address proof – Rent receipt of the occupied premises, mentioning its capacity
- Copy of PAN card
- Copy of bank statement
- Photocopy of the last building tax/property tax receipt
- Memorandum and Articles of Association or Partnership Deed or Trust Deed
- Photocopy of Registration – Certificate of commencement of production
- Registration No. of CST/ST/GST