ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION
WHAT DO YOU GET
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
What is Copyright?
Copyright is a bundle of rights given to the creators of literary and artistic work. This intellectual property right is commonly bestowed upon cinematograph films, illustrations, photographs, music and sound recordings, and live performances to name a few. A copyright protection gives an exclusive right of use to the creator of the work, whether published or unpublished.
Can I register multiple works in one application?
Yes, it’s possible in some special cases to use a single application for a collection of works. This can be done:
- If the creator of all the works is the same
- If all the works are unpublished, or if they have been published at the same time.
What type of work is eligible to get the protection under copyright?
- Literary work
- Dramatic work, including original sound score and music
- Musical work, including lyrics and accompanying sounds
- Cinematographic, motion pictures, and other forms of audio-visual films
- Theatrical and choreographic work, including pantomimes
- Architectural work
- Sound recording
- Picture, photographs, paintings, artistic representations, graphics, and sculptures
What are the different categories or work that can be registered in the same application?
- As a collection of unpublished work
- As a single unit of published work
- As a group registration
Do I need to copyright or trademark to protect my company name and slogan?
Copyright does not provide protection to a brand name, title, logo or slogan or a combination thereof. In order to get protection for such brand elements, you should opt for a trademark registration.